Monday, January 12, 2015

Do you know this about Payola ?


=
Internationally Payola is in against the Law.
=
However.
=
Our teacher for Music Business & Broadcasting at B.C.I.T told us during one lesson on Payola.
=
Look at it this way. Every Major Record Label have their so call Record Promoters,
They are called in to the office where they are given a lot of money and are told. Here you go and get creative.
=
And so our teacher who was an Program Director in one Vancouver  Big Commercial Radio Stations said to us in his lesson.
I came to work on one Monday morning and I did discover on my desk vase with roses. Well I said and did begun to be looking for some card what would indicate to me who did send to my office those roses and why ?
But there was no card.
I came to work Tuesday morning and what do you know? On my desk was a vase with fresh new roses and again no card.
This same gift was waiting for me also on Wednesday morning and since I did take the roses from day before and placed to the receptionists desk then by Thursday her desk did look like indoor rose garden.
Only on Friday morning in between the new roses was sitting innocently brand new CD what was recorded by one well known Canadian Recording Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment